(formerly known as Kids’ Express Train’s KET Set 1 – Imitation Station and Vocalocomotion) – Geared for ages 18 months to 5 years
The two CDs from Imitation Exploration contain 30 songs that focus on developing imitation and interaction in children at the beginning stages of communication. The vocabulary is simple and repetitive and focuses on words that are common in a child’s world. Although both CDs have the same basic objective of imitation practice, the style is quite different. Some children find it easier to sing than to speak, and vice versa, so some of the songs are sung and others are spoken with rhythm and music in the back-round. Adults and kids sing together on this CD, and the cue, “your turn”, is used frequently to entice imitation. A manual of activities and a CD-ROM of hundreds of printable visuals complete this set. The songs in this set are listed below with the primary goals of each.
This set includes:
1. Two music CDs, Imitation Station and Vocalocomotion, with 30 songs to enhance speech and language skills (including 5 instrumental songs).
2. A 12-page manual with activities and objectives for each song.
3. CD-ROM with:
– 300 song sheets in color and black & white,
– lyrics to all songs,
– a summary of our picture sheets,
– an article, “Makes Me Want to Sing”,
– thematic grouping of all songs,
– and a copy of our manual.
Imitation Exploration 1 Song Names and Primary Goals
- Express Train – Taking turns talking
- Animals – Animal sounds
- Puppy, Puppy, Puppy – Actions/puppy sounds
- Noisy, Noisy, Noisy – Making noises
- Monkey Song – Vowels/actions
- Dump and Fill – Concepts of in and out
- Owie – Actions/common vocabulary
- Milk and Juice – Foods and choice questions
- Baby Blowing Bubbles – Words/phrases
- Put the Sound on the End – Ends of words
- Barefoot Toes – Two-syllable words/phrases
- Go in My Car – Vowels and the word, “go”
- Bye Bye – Two-word phrases/common objects
Imitation Exploration 2 Song Names and Primary Goals
- Booga Choo Choo – Two-syllable combinations
- Hi – Two word phrases
- The New BMW – B, M, W in syllables
- Tongue Tip Time – T, D, N in syllables
- 5. Let’s Eat – Foods
- Yee Haw – Animals/sounds
- Bath Time – Body parts/bath words
- Hi – slow version – Two-word phrases
- Gonna Get You – Two-syllable combinations
- Row Your Boat – Interaction song
- Put Them On – Clothes
- Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy – Interaction song
- Instrumental of The New BMW
- Instrumental of Let’s Eat
- Instrumental of Yee Haw
- Instrumental of Hi
- Instrumental of Put Them On
Books of Visuals for CD Sets 1, 2, and 3
Our CD sets all include a CD-ROM of pictures that can be printed to illustrate our songs, but many of you have discussed how cumbersome and costly printing all of the pictures can be. We have listened to you, our faithful customers, and have created books of colored visuals for our CD Sets 1, 2, and 3.
Each book contains between 100-130 pages. Every song is illustrated in at least one way including flashcards, small follow along sheets, large follow along sheets, and activity sheets. Printing all of these pictures would cost you hundreds of dollars, but we are offering these 3 books for a low price of $27.99 each.
Our books of visuals are spiral-bound using cardstock for durability. Now you can have all of the pictures for your favorite CD Set in one convenient location. Like all of our products, these books will be shipped for FREE!
Book of Visuals for CD Set 1 – Imitation Exploration – $27.99
Book of Visuals for CD Set 2 – Rock and Roll with a Language Goal – $27.99
Book of Visuals for CD Set 3 – Drills for Sounds – $27.99